With Spring arriving, many of you are thinking that now is the time to make a change and get
your home on the market.
You’re right! This time of year, your home will shine !
Interested in a few tips to get your home “show home ready”?
* FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Sweep your sidewalk, mow your lawn (yes that!) put a hanging basket at the front door, put fresh bark mulch on your beds .
* DE-CLUTTER: The more visual space, the better! Pre-pack things that you won’t need for the next few months, tidy out closets, clean out excess junk, magazines,countertops. Too many knick knacks are overwhelming and create visual clutter.
* DE-PERSONALIZE: Buyers want to imagine their furniture and decor in your home. Pictures of cute babies and family vacations will distract them from envisioning their furniture and family in your home!
* SPIC N’ SPAN: Now is the time to clean the windows & carpets! Make sure
your bathrooms are spotless, walls are fingerprint and ding free, and window
coverings fresh and clean. Hire a window cleaner! (we know a good one!)
* BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK: One of the cheapest upgrades to your home is a fresh coat of paint! Stay light & fresh & consistent thruout your home.
* FIX IT! : Now is the time to take care of all of those annoying little repairs that you’ve learned to live with … people will notice the door knob that’s wiggly, or the broken blinds and dripping tap. Do it yourself, or pay someone … you’ll more than re-gain your investment!
Hardwood flooring creates a stunning look in a home. Not only does it lend certain sophistication to your design, it can also give off a very natural, homey feeling. Sometimes you get lucky and purchase a home that has existing hardwood in beautiful condition. But more often, what you get stuck with is old-school carpeting, prefab fake stuff that flakes or out-of-date tiles.
If you’re considering installing hardwood in your home and are comfortable putting in a little sweat equity, we’ve prepared a cheat sheet to help you through your next home improvement project. Happy flooring!
What’s all the fuss about the Speculation Tax? Does it apply to you? Will it affect you or the sale of your home?
Here’s a helpful visual. The Speculation Tax has created a lot of conversation- the government feels that it is a positive step to free up housing in the urban centres of Greater Vancouver, Kelowna, West Kelowna, Nanaimo, Latzville, Abbotsford, Chilliwack, and the Mission. The residents of these areas may not feel the same way. The visual chart will help you understand if and when you might pay this tax.