With Spring arriving, many of you are thinking that now is the time to make a change and get
your home on the market.
You’re right! This time of year, your home will shine !
Interested in a few tips to get your home “show home ready”?
* FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Sweep your sidewalk, mow your lawn (yes that!) put a hanging basket at the front door, put fresh bark mulch on your beds .
* DE-CLUTTER: The more visual space, the better! Pre-pack things that you won’t need for the next few months, tidy out closets, clean out excess junk, magazines,countertops. Too many knick knacks are overwhelming and create visual clutter.
* DE-PERSONALIZE: Buyers want to imagine their furniture and decor in your home. Pictures of cute babies and family vacations will distract them from envisioning their furniture and family in your home!
* SPIC N’ SPAN: Now is the time to clean the windows & carpets! Make sure
your bathrooms are spotless, walls are fingerprint and ding free, and window
coverings fresh and clean. Hire a window cleaner! (we know a good one!)
* BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK: One of the cheapest upgrades to your home is a fresh coat of paint! Stay light & fresh & consistent thruout your home.
* FIX IT! : Now is the time to take care of all of those annoying little repairs that you’ve learned to live with … people will notice the door knob that’s wiggly, or the broken blinds and dripping tap. Do it yourself, or pay someone … you’ll more than re-gain your investment!